ABOVE AND BEYOND
Western Archrib is a leader in the design, manufacture, and custom fabrication of glued-laminated structural wood systems. Our product line includes our signature brands of: Westlam and IJC Westlam; as well as Spruce Pine and Douglas Fir glulam. We are certified to manufacture in accordance with the national standards of Canada, the US, and Japan.
Western Archrib provides quality products and services. We manufacture a full range of materials in a wide variety of sizes, shapes, and lengths. With two production facilities, four sales offices, and a network of distributors; we are well positioned to provide project of any size across North America and beyond.
Western Archrib has a sixty five year history in the structural wood systems industry. Our experience shows in the consistent quality of our products, and the expertise we bring to custom fabricated projects. We work closely with architects, engineers, general contractors, and building designers providing cost-effective solutions to unique and distinctive designs, while maintaining their integrity.
Western Archrib is part of a dynamic industry. The only thing that remains constant is change. To stay at the leading edge of the industry, our company and our staff are actively involved in a number of associations and organizations.
- Canadian Wood Council
- WoodWORKS – National Partner
- APA The Engineered Wood Association
Our production facilities are certified by the APA – Engineered Wood Systems to produce glulam in accordance with:
- CSA – 0122 Canadian Standards Association
- ANSI – A190.1 American National Standards Institute
- JAS – 2054 Japanese Agricultural Standard
As part of our commitment to the environment we offer Chain-of-Custody Certification on products manufactured with FSC® Certified Wood.
- FSC® – STD-40-004 Companies supplying and manufacturing FSC® Certified Products
More than just products, Western Archrib offers the active support and service of our engineers and technical staff. We can provide design solutions to your most distinctive and challenging projects.
Our hands-on knowledge of structural wood framing systems, and our expertise in the use of engineered wood products, allow us to provide a wide range of value added services to our clients:
- Preliminary project development
- Design and technical support
- Detailed cost analysis
- Design and fabrication of custom steel connectors
- CNC Pre-cutting and framing of members
- Custom finishing
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR/DOCUMENT CONTROL
Western Archrib is a leading provider of Engineered Wood Systems in Canada and the United States. Family owned and operated for 65 years, we are a highly motivated technical team working cooperatively to achieve profitable growth.
Reporting to the Manager of Project Management this role supports the smooth functioning of projects by ensuring that project information is complete, accurate and available to the areas that require it on a timely basis.
This role is key in supporting the effective completion of projects. The successful candidate will have strong communication and organizational skill. Accuracy and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines are both critical for this position.
- Oversee and control all documents required for managing and completing custom projects on time and on budget.
- Creating, issuing, tracking and recording of RFP’s, RFI’s, shop drawings, tracking logs, cut lists, LEEDs, Quality Manuals, etc.
- Responsible for procurement, tracking and recording of special order items.
- Other additional administration tasks when required.
- Develop and Manage Health & Safety program at Head Office.
The position requires:
- strong time management skills
- ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- ability to maintain focus on tasks while constantly shifting priorities
- good at multi-tasking
- is detail orientated
- a team player
- a positive can-do attitude
- is punctual
- ability and knowledge of:
– MS Office – Word, Excel, etc
– File sharing sites
Drafting skills/ blue print reading would be an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 780.469.1667.